May 20th, 2013 | No Comments
Lookout Fredrick Fleet, before leaving Southampton, England, complained to First Officer Murdoch about a piece of standard equipment he needed to do his job as lookout for icebergs. Murdoch told Fleet to mind his own business, and needless to say, Fleet did not get what he had requested. Fleet had requested a set of binoulars. Who knows! Perhaps Fleet could have warned the bridge in time, and the Titanic would have reached port in one piece.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Titanic Commerce or Family Heirlooms?
- Titanic Film ‘A Night to Remember’ From Criterion
- Exhibitor and Scientists Team Up to Study Titanic’s Wreckage
- Raising a Memory of a Titanic, and a City’s Role in Its Creation
- U.S. Signs Agreement to Protect Wreck of a Titanic